There are many different ways that you can use our services – to search for and share information, purchase goods and services, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
Information that we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users and subscribers. We collect information in two ways:
- Information that you give us. This includes personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. It includes information about you that helps to identify you.
- Information that we obtain from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, for example when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, and to develop new ones. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements, specials and deals, new products, and general information.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other services.
We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information that you share
Some of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Information that we share
- For legal reasons
- We will share personal information with other companies, organisations or individuals if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to our rights, property or safety or thatof our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities